Wedding Expo Do’s & Don’ts
Attending a wedding expo is a smart way for brides and grooms to explore the styles and trends of wedding décor, fashion, favors, photography and more, since nothing beats the in-person opportunities you’ll find at wedding expos like the elegant ones occurring in our local chicagoland area. Just like you can only fully appreciate our wedding gardens and wedding rooms by walking through them, seeing the details all throughout our wedding venues, you can best appreciate the beauty of a floral arrangement by standing right in front of it, inhaling its fragrance, seeing the breathtaking layers of delicate petals on each gardenia, rose and ranunculus. That’s far better than looking at even the most beautiful of photos on a website.
To help you get the most from your wedding expo experiences, we’ve listed the Top Do’s and Don’ts for wedding expos:
- Plan to attend several different wedding expos and expos, to meet a wide range of local wedding vendors and see a wide range of design ideas.
- Plan to attend your first wedding expo with your groom, sharing your first-time excitement with him. Many of our wedding couples are full planning partners, with the grooms just as interested in the catering, entertainment, photos and décor as the brides. They want to share this first wedding expo event excitement with their brides as well.
- Bring your closest women with you to subsequent wedding expos. Moms now join the maid of honor and bridesmaids on a bride’s guest list, sharing the exciting scene and discovering fabulous wedding details and experts alongside the brides.
- Sign on to win prizes. The wedding expo coordinators share your e-mail address with displaying vendors anyway, so sign onto their sheets and you may win valuable prizes.
- Talk to the wedding vendors. They welcome your planning questions, and they’re quite willing to share ideas or make suggestions about details you might not think about, such as providing a water source for hydrangeas to help them last longer through your wedding day.
- Don’t rush in, rush past vendor tables, grab some appetizers and a glass of champagne, take a glance around, and leave. Great wedding expos have fabulous events planned throughout the show, including band performances, fashion shows, seminars by local wedding experts, prize drawings, and games through which you might win a valuable prize for your wedding or honeymoon.
- Don’t assume that only beginning wedding vendors attend wedding shows. Top wedding professionals – including the most successful, busiest and most admired wedding experts — make it a high priority to attend as many wedding expos as possible. They want to meet brides and grooms face-to-face, show their talents and offerings, and connect with wedding couples who are looking for their style of top-caliber wedding services.
- Don’t forget to take your camera with you. You’ll see hundreds of designs and details that will help you create your wedding details.
Click the button below
to register for the Fall Wedding Expo